...By activity clusters
GRID-Geneva aims at reinforcing its position as an internationally- recognized center for applied research and development, to transform spatially-explicit data into scientifically validated information to support environmental early warning/assessments needed for more sustainable development, from local to global scales.
Our “core areas” / key activity domains are as follows:
- early warning and related “emerging issues”;
- environmental assessment and reporting;
- data and indicators underpinning the above;
- capacity building supporting all of the same activities;
- delivery of a unique set of services in these realms to partners and clients;
- carrying out of case studies using GIS and remote sensing for the mapping, monitoring and sustainable use of natural resources; and
- provision of technical expertise for meta database and website design and creation.